Monday, March 17, 2008

Religion and politics

Okay, so who out there in the land of Christiandom affiliates with the Republicans? I didn't realize until about four years ago that Christ was Republican. Thanks to the Bush family, I have that all figured out now.

Seriously, isn't it interesting that the Republicans have claimed Christianity and faith as theirs? Why haven't the Democrats fought back for that? Is it because the left is wrong? Is it because the right really is, well, right?

I don't know, but it seems to me that having a political party carry the flag of Christ is a bit dirty. After all, the politicians aren't really for family values (which has no real definition anyway), so much as they are for getting re-elected. It sounds nice, doesn't it. Family values. Very 1952, white picket fence, Ford Fairlaine in the driveway, Border Collie in the back, dad and his pension, mom and her pies. I wish...

No comments: